About the role
- Responsible for technical design of the solution in a close cooperation with each other and the business/IT project lead.
- Provide guidance on technology, implementation, and methodology during the implementation of the software solution.
- Responsible and accountable for the delivery of components in good quality and on time according to company standards. Testing is an essential part of our daily work.
- Responsible for the documentation of the technical solution, the data model and the implementation
- We contribute to the respective change management process
- An important part of our job is providing maintenance and support to guarantee high application availability.
- We work in close cooperation within the project and department across different locations.
About the team
You will join a team of Java developers in Finance IT Department as a Senior Application Engineer.
The team is responsible for several own developed applications used by Group Finance department. This portfolio varies from traditional client-server applications, batch jobs processing a large amount of data, interfaces to integrate various systems, to SOAP/REST web services and web applications. These applications run in the cloud, but also on IBM mainframe.
Your main task will be to design, develop, test and deploy new components, as well as maintain and support existing applications. You will be involved in all phases of the project collaborating on a daily basis with our colleagues in Zurich. Projects include the implementation of challenging business functions both on server and the client side.
- Solid knowledge and experience in object-oriented software development (Java, J2EE, Eclipse, Spring, Hibernate, Maven, XML)
- Knowledge of SQL and deep understanding of data modeling
- Experience working with source control tools and are familiar with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools
- You practiced automated testing and you're comfortable working in a test-driven environment
- Familiar with Agile software development principles
- Good level of communication and commitment to work in a decentralized team
- Able to prioritize tasks, delegate and drive objections to completion
- Self-starting attitude, can deal with stress and work independently
- Flexible and open for new tasks with mindset for continuous learning
- Willing to lead subprojects
- Having experience with BPM, .NET or Angular development is an advantage