Do you have a vast knowledge of meat/fish cuts and love to help people prepare their tasty dinner? If so, we have an excellent opportunity for you to assist customers with choosing the right meat or fish for various meals. You will have the chance to use your profound skills and knowledge of preparing meat/fish for cooking to inspire customers meal plans.
Our Clients are an Irish owned grocery retailer based in Dublin and Kildare, East Ireland.
The main duties will include:
- Arrange cuts of meat/fish and place them in an attractive manner in the display counter
- Weigh, label and price a variety of cuts of meat/fish for customers in an efficient manner
- Receive deliveries of meat/fish and ensure that they adhere to the highest quality standards
- Use skewers, bone knives, twine and other tools to lace, tie and shape roasts so that they are ready for customers to buy and cook
- Prepare meat/fish into forms ready for cooking using a variety of actions, including boning, tying, mincing, cutting and trimming
- Maintain and clean the meat/fish preparation counter and adhere to food safety guidelines
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- 1+ years’ experience as a butcher working in grocery shop or local butcher shop
- Butcher qualification desirable
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills
- Great organisational skills
- Knowledge of food safety
- Good spoken and written English
- HACCP is preferable
For the successful candidate, flight over and four weeks accommodation will be provided, so if you are interested in making a move to Ireland and want to hear more about this job and others we currently have available, please call +353 1614 6085.