Letter of Resignation
Your letter of resignation acts as a legal document informing your employer of the date you wish to leave your job. Here’s some advice on what it should contain:
- The name and position of the person to whom you have addressed it.
- The fact it is a notice of termination of employment.
- The date from which you want your notice period to begin.
- Your signature.
- Add in a sentence expressing your regret and thanking your employer for the opportunities you were given during your employment – if you’re leaving under amicable terms.
- If you’re leaving under bad circumstances relating to your working conditions or issues with colleagues, be wary of including details. Don’t go into detail, if there’s no need to.